10987 Performance Tuning and Optimizing SQL Databases
8/17/2020 - 8/20/202011/9/2020 - 11/12/2020COURSE LENGTH:
9:00am - 4:30pm
This four-day instructor-led course teaches performance & optimization for SQL Server databases.
At course completion:
AUDIENCE AND PREREQUISITES
- Describe the high level architectural overview of SQL Server & its various components.
- SQL Server execution model, waits and queues.
- Core I/O concepts, Storage Area Networks & performance testing.
- Architectural concepts & best practices related to data files for user databases and TempDB as well as Concurrency, Transactions, Isolation Levels & Locking.
- Architectural concepts of the Optimizer & how to identify and fix query plan issues.
- Architectural concepts, troubleshooting scenarios & best practices related to Plan Cache.
- Architectural concepts, troubleshooting strategy and usage scenarios for Extended Events.
- Explain data collection strategy and techniques to analyze collected data.
- Understand techniques to identify and diagnose bottlenecks to improve overall performance.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases and are responsible for optimal performance of SQL Server instances that they manage. These individuals also write queries against data and need to ensure optimal execution performance of the workloads.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
PREREQUISITE COURSESFOLLOW UP COURSES
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of database administration and maintenance
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
*Course cost listed does not include the cost of courseware. Please contact us @ email@example.com or 207-775-0244 for additional pricing information or if you have any questions. Course is subject to minimum enrollment. If minimum is not met this class may run as a LDL / Virtual class.
Note: This course is eligibile for Microsoft SATVs.
Module 1: SQL Server Architecture, Scheduling, and Waits SQL Server Components and SQL OS Windows Scheduling vs SQL Scheduling Waits and Queues Lab : SQL Server Architecture, Scheduling, and WaitsModule 2: SQL Server I/O Core Concepts Storage Solutions I/O Setup and Testing Lab : Testing Storage PerformanceModule 3: Database Structures Database Structure Internals Data File Internals TempDB Internals Lab : Database StructuresModule 4: SQL Server Memory Windows Memory SQL Server Memory In-Memory OLTP Lab : SQL Server MemoryModule 5: Concurrency and Transactions Concurrency and Transactions Locking Internals Lab : Concurrency and TransactionsModule 6: Statistics and Index Internals Statistics Internals and Cardinality Estimation Index Internals Columnstore Indexes Lab : Statistics and index InternalsModule 7: Query Execution and Query Plan Analysis Query execution and optimizer internals Analyzing query plans Lab : Query execution and query plan analysisModule 8: Plan Caching and Recompilation Plan cache internals Troubleshooting plan cache issues Query store Lab : Plan caching and recompilationModule 9: Extended Events Extended events core concepts Working with extended events Lab : Extended eventsModule 10: Monitoring, Tracing, and Baselining Monitoring and tracing Baselining and benchmarking Lab : Monitoring, Tracing and Baselining