VMware Horizon View: Install, Configure, Manage 6.2
The course specified is not currently on the VTEC Schedule.
Contact us to request a class: 1-866-644-8832.
9:00am - 4:30pm
This hands-on training course gives you the skills to deliver virtual desktops and applications through a single virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) platform. It builds your skills in installing, configuring, and managing the View component of VMware HorizonŽ 6, release 6.2, through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. This course teaches you how to configure and deploy pools of virtual machines, how to manage access and security of the machines, and how to provide end users a customized desktop environment.
AUDIENCE AND PREREQUISITES
- System Administrators
- System Integrators Prerequisites
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory administration
- Experience with VMware vSphere
- Create a template in the VMware vCenter Server system and deploy a virtual machine
Before attending this course, you must be able to perform the
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Active Directory administration.
- Experience with VMware vSphere.
- Create a template in the VMware vCenter Server system and deploy a virtual machine.
* All VMware course registrations are completely non-transferrable and may not be rescheduled for a different date once the student's registration has been received by VTEC. Student will be responsible for payment if a registration is submitted, even if a class is not taken. Please consider this policy when registering for a specific date. All VMware courses are non-refundable and do not qualify for VTEC's "free refresher"policy. This course is subject to minimum enrollment and may run as a virtual instructor led class as a result. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Course Introduction Introductions and course logistics Course objectivesModule 2: Introduction to Horizon 6 and view Overview of Horizon 6 Introduce View features and components Explain how View can be operated in FIPS modeModule 3: View Connection Server Install and configure View Connection Server Configure View events database and the Syslog serverModule 4: View Desktops Prepare Windows virtual machines as View desktops Compare PCoIP and RDP remote display protocols Explain USB redirection and multimedia redirection Install View Agent in a virtual machine template Deploy a manual pool and entitle users to access it Compare Windows and Linux VDI virtual machinesModule 5: Horizon Client Options Describe Horizon Clent for Windows and Mac OS X Describe Horizon Clent for mobile devices with biometric authentication Describe HTML Access, thin clients, and zero clients Compare options for client drive redirectionModule 6: Creating and Managing Automated Pools Configure and provision automated pools of desktops Compare dedicated and floating-assignment pools Compare storage options, including VMware Virtual SANModule 7: Creating and Managing Linked-Clone Desktop Pools Overview of View Composer operations Deploy and provision linked-clone desktops Compare storage options, including Virtual SAN Manage linked-clone desktops Manage persistent disksModule 8: Creating and Managing RDS Desktop and Applications Pools Set up RDS hosts to create a farm of hosts Deploy and provision RDS desktop pools Deploy and provision RDS application pools Manage application pools Explain how linked clones provide automated management of RDS server farmsModule 9: Using View Administrator Configure the View environment Compare authentication options for desktop access Compare 3D rendering options such as vDGA and GRID vGPU Manage administrators, users, sessions, and policies Monitor the View environmentModule 10: Managing View Security Describe recommended network configurations and authentication options Configure the View security server Describe Access Point, a Linux-based alternative for the DMZModule 11: View Persona Management Configure user profiles with View Persona Management Describe View Persona Management and Windows roaming profiles Configure a View Persona Management deployment Describe best practices for a View Persona Management deploymentModule 12: Command-Line Tools and Backup Options Introduce the vdmadmin utility Describe client systems in kiosk mode Back up the View databases Restore the View databasesModule 13: View Performance and Scalability Describe multi-server deployments to create a View pod Explain performance considerations and load balancing for a pod Explain Cloud Pod Architecture for multiple View pods