In this course, students will learn how to develop enterprise search applications for Microsoft SharePoint 2010. This course builds on the search-related material in 10175A Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Application Development. Topics include: processing data content, configuring Federation, search scopes, managed metadata, linguistics, federated object model applications, custom search applications, extending connectors using SharePoint Designer, and custom connectors using Business Connectivity Services.
This course is intended for application developers and advanced system administrators working in the Enterprise Search area to extend SharePoint Server 2010.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- At least two years of experience as a developer for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and/or SharePoint Server 2010
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and supporting technologies, such as Internet Information Services.
- Experience deploying and configuring Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server Technologies.
- Familiarity with creating projects in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Familiarity with Microsoft .NET programming in Visual Studio 2010.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows PowerShell 2.0.
*Course Cost listed does not include the cost of courseware or lunch, required in your registration. Please refer to your Enrollment Sales Order or Invoice for the additional cost. If you have any questions, please contact us (email@example.com or 207-775-0244). Course subject to minimum enrollment.